Looking for the security and peace of mind that comes with having a fixed rate mortgage? We don’t blame you and you are not alone. The vast majority of American home owners choose fixed rate mortgage products even if they may not offer the short term savings afforded by some adjustable rate mortgage products. You can use the mortgage rate survey located throughout this web site to compare fixed rate mortgage programs from a number of regional and national lenders, brokers, and banking institutions. Fixed rate loans, which were originally developed by the Federal Housing Administration, offer a note where the rate remains constant throughout the life of the mortgage. Avoiding market fluctuations and the peaks and valleys of ARM products may help you sleep better at night. Call the various companies listed on this page (see below) today to research and compare their current fixed mortgage rates and programs.
Popular Fixed Rate Mortgage Programs
- Easily the most popular fixed rate mortgage product is the 30 yr mortgage. By spreading out the repayment of the loan over thirty years allow payments to be kept lower. The down side is the large sum of interest paid over the life of the loan.
- 15 year mortgages are also very popular and are also available in the form of FHA loans and VA mortgages.
- 20 year mortgages and 10 year home loans are not quite as prevalent but are still a good fit for many home buyers and home owners.
- 40 year mortgages came into play more recently and are not very popular. May be a good fit for someone looking to get an adjustable rate mortgage but who is too afraid of the interest rate risk.
Always be sure to consult a mortgage professional before selecting a fixed rate mortgage or an adjustable rate loan product! You can use the following rate table to start the comparison shopping process.
Consider Checking Fixed Mortgage Rates From These Lenders & Brokers
- American Financial Resources offers fixed rate loan programs for most types of residential properties including stick built homes, condos, modular, and manufactured homes. They even have a low credit mortgage product designed for borrowers with credit scores below 620 (subject to change). Call them today at 800-316-9508 for more information. NMLS#2826
- Gateway Bank Mortgage is a North Carolina mortgage lender that serves much of the Southeastern shoreline including MD, VA, NC, SC, GA & FL. You can request current fixed mortgage rates online using the Rate Quote Form or by calling 877-728-3569. NMLS#463089
- American Bank is federally chartered, FDIC insured bank based out of Rockville, MD. They provide fixed rate mortgage throughout the United States. To learn more about their home loans and current fixed interest rates, visit them online or call 877-215-2290.
Thank you for researching fixed rate mortgages on PriceAMortgage.com. If you are a mortgage lender, broker, or bank and would like to be featured on this site, please call 910-547-6910 for more information.